If you log into the service on your iPhone, the password can be saved. So you don’t have to re-enter the corresponding passwords every time. The passwords stored on the iPhone can be displayed for a better overview or as a reminder.
We’ll explain where you can find the menu on your iOS device to find saved passwords. There is a way to do this via the settings or the help of Siri.
iPhone: Password manager with Siri
You can use the voice input function to display passwords on the iOS device without any major detours:
- To do this, Siri must be set up on your iPhone.
- Say the command ” Siri, show my passwords “.
- Alternatively, you can only have a service-related password issued to you. Say the command ” Siri, what’s my Netflix password ” or something similar. Of course, you have to be logged in to the corresponding service on your iPhone.
iPhone: View, change or delete passwords
If you don’t want to use Siri, you can also find the information in the settings.
Saved passwords can also be deleted from the iPhone in this way:
- Open the Settings app on your iPhone,
- Go to the “ Passwords ” section.
- Select the ” Website & App Passwords ” section.
- You may have to activate access, for example with a lock code, Touch ID, or Face ID.
- Find the service or website for which you want to display the password.
- If you want to delete a password, tap on Edit in the overview.
- Then search for the relevant post and select Delete.
- An existing password on the iPhone can also be changed at this point. To do this, select the edit function as well.
- If you press the plus symbol in the overview, you add a completely new password to your iPhone.
In the security recommendations, the iPhone shows, among other things, that you are using saved passwords for several services. For security reasons, you should use different passwords for each. The passwords displayed can be changed directly using the corresponding option.
Manage passwords with iCloud keychain
If the iCloud keychain is set up, the passwords of your iPhone are also managed on the other devices with your Apple ID:
- To do this, go to the settings.
- Tap your name at the top.
- Go to the iCloud area.
- With the entry Keychain, you activate the setting or switch off the synchronization of passwords again.
We’ll also show you how to share your WiFi password with the iPhone.